Monday, July 18, 2011

Moments

Life is full of little moments where you say yes or no. Last month I had one of those moments when a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she wanted a friend to go with her to Mississippi (a place I have never been). Of course, my first reaction was I want to go! However, my next reaction was I doubt I can afford it, and it's a whole week. (We can always come up with reasons why not to do something.) However, my mom always says, "You don't get do overs, so make the most out of life.)

After some consideration everything worked out and with less than two weeks to get ready I began preparing for my week vacation in Mississippi with one of my best gal pals Alissa. Though we have shared an apartment together and had many moments that are unforgettable together, this was definitely going to be interesting. It had been a really long time since we had spent a significant amount of time together. It was going to be awesome.

It was an absolute blast for our week. We spent the week laying in the sun and enjoying each other's company. However, we also got some lifetime opportunities. Our first evening there my first experience was trying crab legs, I could eat it, but not necessarily my favorite food. (I tried it that is what counts.) Then there was the whole trying shark thing. Awesome! We had the opportunity to attend a fish fry and meet some wonderful people.

Also, Alissa's cousin took us out shark fishing! How many people can say that! It was such an amazing time. I got to see all sorts of fish, and jelly fish, and of course catch a shark. I caught some trout, and a flounder that day (even though he got of the hook.)



We went to the Casino and enjoyed a night of fun, and I came home with money instead of without (that doesn't normally happen.) We also took some time to go sight seeing and learn some things about Hurricane Katrina and Mississippi itself.

To finish our week we attended Poison and Motley Crue concert. A very cool experience. So with one little moment that I decided to say yes to it ended up being a moment that would create a number of once in a lifetime opportunities, and memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment