Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

Every year I want to sit down and send Christmas cards or letters to all the people I love. Every year it seems like I never find the time to actually sit down and compose. So this year I decided that I would blog it instead. For those computer savvy people, they will see my Christmas letter, for those who aren't well... Sorry :( Or if you are you can share it with another of my loved ones.

Over the past year I have so many things to be thankful for. Yet when I sit to write I am unsure where I should start. So lets break it into three categories: Family, Work, Me

Family:
My family has been wonderful this past year! When we think about the past year there are no major crisis or health concerns that we have had to deal with. He have had a number of little get togethers. Celebrated birthdays and anniversaries. The little angels in our life are getting bigger and your youngest ones just turned TWO!! Can you believe it, the babies are two! Both of them are precious as ever. Miss Aubrey is as rotten and ever, but brings a smile and a laugh to anyone around.

This year for thanksgiving the family did some things a little different and it was a nice blessing to get to spend time with other family members we normally don't get to see.

Work:
This year has actually been a blast. As Student Council Sponsor I have been very busy with keeping my head above water. The plus side is I am learning a lot, and I am so busy I don't have time to feel like the school year is going slow. About the time I finish one Stu. Co. event I am starting the planning for another one.

I have joined a Technology Committee at work, which will be implementing a 1:1 plan this year. (That means some kind of digital device for every student.) This is a big thing! I am very excited to be apart of this process.

I'm participating in our BMS has Talent  - Talent Show this year. Which is something kind of out of character for myself. But I decided why not! Let's have fun right! I will be playing the part of a student in one skit, and I will be singing a Teacher version of the 12 days of Christmas for another part. (What was I thinking... I don't sing!) This will all take place tomorrow (December 21) in front of about 450 people (again, what am I thinking!! I don't do crowds, and now I am getting in front of them.) I'm going to chalk all of this braveness up to the Christmas Spirit that I caught early in November of this year.

Finally Me:

Or should I say Andy and Me. We are great! This past year has been a great time for us. We compliment each other, and greatly enjoy spending time together. He's a wonderful person, and most of everything I do is with him. Andy and I will be celebrating Christmas by going to a Colt's game in Indianapolis. Sure they haven't had a winning season, but it's still worth going for the experience. Besides you support a team even if they aren't winning right?!

Over the past year we took up bike riding, and I took up Zumba. I never thought of myself as a dancer, but I love the work out you get with Zumba. I've been working on a weight loss plan, and hope to continue into the new year.

I will be taking a college class this summer to get an addition to my teaching license which should keep me busy with summer break. It will be a two graduate courses and a lab class.

For this Christmas I hope everyone takes a moment to think of all the things they have been thankful for over the past year, and what they dream of for the future. What is a life without dreams! Even though many of my dreams have not yet come true, I still have them, and am still dreaming.

Have a wonderful and blessed holiday.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year




PS Next year I will be starting a new recipe a month (I am hoping for a week, but want to be practical) I will be blogging about the new recipes that I try so keep a look out for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment