Wow! So I am unsure where to begin. I see that my last post was right before my college classes started this summer in July. Let's just say WOW! I took three college classes this summer, and they all lasted about one month. In the process of taking those classes, I managed to begin questioning my career and where things are heading. I learned about alternative education, technical/vocational education, skilled trades, GED preparation courses, and correctional education. All of which I found very interesting. At the end of the course, who knows how many hours, $2,300 some odd dollars, and 5 meltdowns later. I walked away with my Vocational Education endorsement for my teaching licensed. Yay! Of course, what does this mean? Nothing. I am doing the same thing I have always done. But! I have the addition to my license. I wanted it and I got it. Not to mention this was the first graduate level courses I have ever taken. I walked away from the classes with two A and a B+. Let's not discuss the B+.
The whole time I am working my tail off cooped up in my apartment on my college class, I can't help but realize that I am turning 30 in less than a month! Yes, 30! So I decide it would be a good idea to throw myself a party for my 30th Birthday. Fun I know! I have this great idea to make some cute invitations.
| My half finished invitations. |
However, since I was taking college classes the invitations to this day remain unfinished. Thank GOD for Facebook and quick invites from Dollar General. So here is the plan: on the Thursday of my birthday my boyfriend will take my out to dinner to Bandito's (we always go there for the free meal), we will hang out and call it a night. Then on the following Saturday, we and a few of my close friends and family will head to Indianapolis for Dave & Buster's Game now. Sounds like a blast to me. I invited about 20 or so people. Not a bad crowd I thought. But here is what really happen.
On Thursday night, my wonderful boyfriend takes me out to Banditos for a delicious dinner. Then when we come home he gives me a wonderful Great Smokey Mountains stuffed teddy bear, and a present from his super sweet parents. After a few minutes I find out there is another present waiting for me. An ENGAGEMENT RING!! That's right sisters! He proposed! ON MY BIRTHDAY!! So after crying and hugging for a couple of minutes, we then couldn't contain our excitement, so we called my parents, and sister, and headed over to his parents (they live closer) to tell the good news. Very exciting evening.
| My fiance and I, on my Birthday Trip! |
I decided that a weekend get away in Indianapolis would be better than just one night, sssoooo. I book a room for the whole weekend, which I got a a great discount. My family and friend (only one could make it) showed up for my Dave & Buster's Party Night. However, it felt more like a celebration of our engagement than birthday, but who wouldn't celebrate that!
We have officially set a wedding date, and started preparing for the wedding that will be happening the first part of next year. The place has been rented, photographer booked, caterer called, pastor booked, dress bought, suit bought, and bridal party picked out. I have even started working on some of the decorations. It's been an amazing ride!
| Playing to see what kind of snow flakes, I can make! Just add glitter. |
Oh and school has started back in full swing, with all new iPads for all of our students k-12. Which means, busy busy days! It is an absolute joy, with all the new things in life.
The funniest thing, is I keep thinking to myself I might actually be joining the ranks of the married people, I might one day be able to have a MOM blog.... How cool!
Obviously, I need to write more often so my blogs are not so long.
God Bless and Have a Wonderful Day!!
I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I’m your newest follower.
ReplyDelete