Okay to start off I am 5 days away from vacation! I can't wait for Christmas vacation! In my last post I stated that I had the Christmas spirit bug. Well I still do! It's amazing! I'm in such a good place, and I am praising God for it! He is so wonderful to us, sometimes we just need to step back and realize what he is doing in our lives.
Since Jesus is the reason for our wonderful lives, I have to start with my blessings!
- I am blessed to have a wonderful home (which we purchased this summer)
- I am blessed to have a career and to be able to earn money for my family.
- I am blessed with an amazing husband, who always deals with the good, the bad, and the ugly!
- I am blessed with an amazing family.
- I am blessed with the ability to see, hear, smell, and think for myself.
- I am blessed to be able to cook!
- I am blessed for my awesome friends (even if we don't see them often enough)
- I am blessed with a STRONG faith!
I could keep going and going, but I won't! I know that God is the reason for all these blessings!
Over the weekend I took some time out for cooking therapy. (If you don't like to cook, I don't recommend it). Cooking therapy for me is time in my kitchen with an audiobook or music playing, and just cooking. It can be baking or preparing a meal. (This is not the same as cooking for a large group of people you are trying to impress) Maybe it is experimenting with some new recipes. This weekend I decided to make Christmas treats! I was so impressed that they all turned out so amazing. So with actual picture from my kitchen, I am sharing my treats with you today.
Peanut Butter Fudge Cups -- by Inspireddreamer.com
These were so good, with the nice fudgie centers. I will say that there is not a complete recipe here so you have to wing it a little bit.
I filled my mini muffin container with little balls that didn't fill the hole, and then cooked them until they looked like they were browning (8-10 minutes -- keep an eye on them). Once I had them cooling I made the filling in a pan on low. Poured into a ziploc bag and then cut the corner off. BE CAREFUL the filling can be hot!
Next was MONSTER COOKIES -- by Raininghotcoupons.com
Follow the directions exactly and they work awesome! Including the cooling time, and baking time. These are so perfect and delicious. I think this might be my new favorite cookie.
Let's move on past the cookies.
Next we have Peanut Butter Fudge -- by communitytable.com
For some reason I had in my head that fudge was hard to make. This was so easy! I want to try it again with crunchy peanut butter to make there be a little more texture.
My final experiment or cooking project was Peppermint Bark -- by sallysbakingaddiction.com.
This was so good, but doesn't make very much. Mine made about a 9x9 pan! Which is enough to sample and enough to give some away! It probably works best to try to cut it or break it after it has had a chance to warm up just a little bit.
I hope you enjoy the tasty treats, and I would love to hear what you think of them when you try them.




No comments:
Post a Comment