Monday, October 26, 2015

Let GOD Have this one!

Good Evening Friends,

My dinner is in the oven and my kitchen is cleaned up so I decided that I would sit down and see if any inspiration came to mind. I hopped on Facebook and saw the above quote and thought BINGO!

As a person who has suffered many years from anxiety and depression I have been robbed of many good days, because I was so worried about the next thing on the list, the next moment, the next invite, the next, the next, the next....

I used to be so worried about everything that faced me and that was coming next that I could hardly function. Now this may surprise some of you, because I have learned to cope with the anxiety. But there were times were it was so bad it was exhausting just trying to leave me house to go to work. What if.... what if... what if....

I want to go hang out with this group, but what if there are people there I don't know, what if I say something stupid, what if.... what if... what if...

Then as I got older and was able to identify my anxiety (anticipatory anxiety) and what it was causing it, I was able to speak up to my closest friends, and they were able to "talk me into" going out. Probably never knowing how uncomfortable I was, and how tiring it was to be out. Don't get me wrong, I more often than not enjoyed myself, but it was hard. Friends and family got to the point where they would explain to me what the plans were, where we were going, who would be there, and give me as much details as they could before asking me if I would do something, because they knew that would lesson the stress.

Then about 5 years ago I gave up my anxiety (yes I still suffer from him, sometimes severely -- but not ask often) I gave it to GOD! He has almost removed all of the anxiety in my life, I personally think he has left some of it there to remind me how far I have come.

I can now "push" myself to do things that I never would have been able to do before. I can "force" myself to take the next step.

So why am I telling you all this? Well _____ reasons.
1. Anxiety of any kind is real! It is not just in someones head. It is throughout their body and they can't just get over it. Don't treat them that way, it just makes it worse, and then they feel inadequate on top of dealing with being worried and anxious.

2. If you or someone you know is suffering from anxiety or is a worrier -- pray for them. Do what ever you can to let them know it is okay. Help calm them. You might just turn into their strength buddy.

3. GOD can take it away! Ask him! -- But you have to be willing to give it to him to take away. I used to ask him to take it, but then hung onto it as a security blanket.

Don't loose anymore of your good days worrying about what is going to come next. Good stuff happens to use every day, focus on that and let the rest worry about itself.

Have a good night readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment