Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why can't I keep my house clean?!

Last Saturday, I took an hour and half to clean my living room. What took that long to clean up I don't really know, but it looked amazing! I mean AMAZING! I just loved to sit in that room, a enjoy how clean and open it felt! That too was so nice. So I decided that I was going to get every other room picked up the same way. 

Now I have to be honest, because I am not fond of cleaning at all. But I don't understand why when I spend so much time cleaning something up, that I can't keep it that way! I want to have that nice tidy home, where if someone was to just drop in, I wouldn't be looking around thinking, "Wow! I'm a slob!" My house is not one that is DIRTY, but it is cluttery. There is clutter everywhere. I try so hard to get it all picked up and it is like it multiplies. 

Why can I not keep my house clean? I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and here are some reasons I have come up with.

  1. I can't keep my house clean because my life is so busy, that I just don't have time to keep everything cleaned up. (This has to be why I have a huge pile of laundry - about three loads sitting on my kitchen table patiently waiting to be folded and put away.)
  2. I can't keep my house clean, because the maid I hired just doesn't do her job, and it leaves me going behind her picking everything up. So I gave up!
  3. I can't keep my house clean, because I am way more comfortable living with my surroundings a little less organized than everyone else.
  4. I can't keep my house clean, because Miss Kitty (my 7 month old cat) messes up everything while I am at work, and repeats this process every day!
  5. I can't keep my house clean because there is a mystical tornado that goes through every day and I just can't keep up with it so I gave up.
  6. Finally, I can't keep my house clean, because I am just not a good housekeeper, and no matter how hard I try I will never have enough energy to keep a perfect house.
I know some of these reasons are out there, but I know that I am not the only person that struggles with keeping a clean house. I have "many" friends that have this same struggle and it is a joke between us. I have decided that SUPERWOMAN can keep a clean house. As for me I struggle to keep a picked up house.  So for today, I would like to know if you have this same struggle, and maybe we can add to my ridiculous list of why our houses can't stay picked up!

Remember, when you go to visit a person, you are not visiting their house. You are visiting the person, so who cares if they house doesn't look like a museum! At least when you visit my house, you know someone lives there!

Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I am officially proud to say that with the exception of my Bible Study book and my Bible laying in the middle of the floor (where I like to lay and do my homework). My living room has been clean, I mean CLEAN since Saturday!

    ReplyDelete