Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cooks 4 - Buffalo Chicken Dip




How great is it that after a number of years of asking for people to make this for me I finally do it myself. I absolutely love this dip, but have never made it on my own. So here it is.

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
***obtained by allrecipes.com
***Submitted by: NUNPUNCH

Prep Time: 5 minutes    Cook Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
2 (10 oz.) cans chuck chicken, drained
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 bunch of celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 (8 oz) box chicken-flavored crackers

1. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a  skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on LOW setting until hot and bubbly.

2. Serve with celery and crackers

Thoughts and changes:

The things I did differently are: I left out the celery (it was just a snack and tortilla chips or crackers worked just fine), I bought club crackers instead of chicken flavored. For the shredded cheese I used what I had which was 3/4 c of habenero cheese, and 3/4 of taco flavored cheese. I would recommend cooking the mixture in a sauce pan instead of a skillet. The higher edges would be nice. If you were making this recipe for a party or a large group you would need to double or triple the recipe. I felt like prep time was a little longer than 5 minutes, but I wasn't really watching the clock.

Make sure to rinse off all dishes after use for easy cleaning. A small crock pot is sufficient for this recipe.

I honestly preferred the chicken dip with tortilla chips instead of  crackers.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Give it a try. There are lots of big football games coming up. Maybe you should try this for the conference championships tomorrow!

Happy cooking everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment