CATCHING FIRE
By Suzanne Collins
Earlier this year I decided that I wanted to expose my students to reading. To novels mostly. My mission was to show the students that normally don't read, that there is another world in between the cover of a book. When another teacher in my hallway started reading to her homeroom the Hunger Games, I thought this was a perfect idea! So I took it! A couple days a week I would read aloud to my students from Hunger Games and then move along.
7th graders still like to be read to! After completing Hunger Games, my students wanted to move on to the second book in the series Catching Fire.
This series is amazing! Yes, I have now read this book twice, but since I did read the entire book again, it gets to count for my reading goal this year.
The Hunger Games series is about a girl who's name is Katniss, who fights battles with others and within her self and she is faced with different challenges. I don't want to say too much, but I will say this is my favorite series right next to Twilight.
After finishing this book with my class, it was a unanimous vote that we will begin the third book in the series Mockingjay.
Pick this book up and give it a read, I love the Hunger Games series.
No comments:
Post a Comment