Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Let's start the evening off with a huge Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This has been a truly blessed week for myself. I have a ton of things to be thankful for. As I each people on Facebook list their 30 days of thankfulness, I think to myself. I should do that. However, I would forget and lately I haven't getting on Facebook everyday. (I know it's hard to believe!) Here is what I am thankful for:

1. I'm thankful for all the blessings GOD has bestowed upon me over the course of the last year.

2.I am extremely thankful for my entire loving and supporting family. I know the holidays sometimes stress us out (more often than not) but we always encourage each other through it. I am extremely thankful for those who are willing to jump in and lend a hand when needed.

3. I am thankful for family, that you know you can ask a favor of. 

4. I'm thankful for my amazing fiancé! As we approach the holidays I'm not the easiest person to be around (especially when I am cooking)

5. I am thankful to have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, a bed to sleep in, and food in the cabinet. (okay, I know that should count for at least 3.)

6. I'm thankful to have a career.

7. and I'm thankful for the friends who support me.

Those a just a few, if I really sat here I could make the list A LOT longer. However during this Thanksgiving season, I have experienced two dinner, and will be attending a third here tomorrow. I have tried two new things. One of which were the Oreo balls in which I wrote about early in the week.

The newest adventure was cooking that Thanksgiving Day turkey for the whole family get together. I do not recommend committing to cook something so important for the first time, without a practice run. I was extremely nervous that I would really mess up the turkey and there would be NO turkey for dinner. Even though my mother said it would be okay if that happen. Making the turkey is a huge responsibility. 

This year I took my mom's instructions and my Better Homes and Garden cookbook (you know the red and white one) and cooked the turkey in a bag, and to the exact temperature it was supposed to be cooked. Nothing fancy.

Well I would call it a success. The turkey was eaten very nicely. Only dark meat was left over, and people were wanting to take some home. To be honest, there was a little part of me that felt very important to be have been given this huge task. 

I can't wait until next year to get to make the turkey my own way. I have a whole year to plan.  My comment to my grandma was, I will do the turkey next year, but I will do it MY WAY! (I can't wait!)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment