So when part of being a wife is meal planning, which as many of you now I absolutely love. I love thinking of new things to make and try. One day I might even be able to come up with my own recipes. For now I like to share and give credit to those who are way more talented than myself.
EASY PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
allrecipes.com
submitted by Helmans Mayonnaise
Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise (i used reduced fat)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used the tenderloins)
4 teaspoons italian bread crumbs (I used regular and mixed in some italian seasoning... It's all about what you have on hand right?!!)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease your pan.
2. Combine mayo with cheese. Mix well. Lay the chicken out on the pan. Coat the chicken with mixture, and then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Comments:
I liked using the chicken tenderloins because it was liking eating chicken strips. Very tasty. My chicken wasn't very crusted. The bread crumbs weren't soggy but they were real crispy either. HOwever I probably put too much mayo on each of the pieces of chicken. I would make the chicken again just like I did before however. This was an excellent recipe.
The second recipe I tried was a nice pinterest recipe. This recipe came from www.mommyskitchen.net
This is probably one of the cheapest desserts and easiest I have found.
STRAWBERRY PIE
Ingredients:
1 packages of Kool-aid (you can use any flavor -- I have only tried strawberry so far, but can't wait to try other flavors)
1 - 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
1 - 8 oz container of cool whip topping (i used generic and it worked just fine)
1 - 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together, and pour into pie crust. (I used my mixer to make life easier, my cool whip was a little frozen).
Put in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
Enjoy.
Comments: You must visit Mommy's Kitchen (the link is above) she gives suggestions on what to do with the different flavors. I can't wait to try another flavor. If I were to take this pie somewhere I would cut up a strawberry and place it on top. I might try to mix some strawberries into the next pie filling.
Well there you have it. Two fun new recipes. This week I am trying another new recipes so be looking for the second blog of the week.
Also I'm going to be reading a series of books about BRAVE girls. I saw this on pinterest also, and thought to myself. How nice, I want to promote brave girls instead of pretty princesses. So be looking for a few book reviews.
As much as I say I don't want to blog about cooking and books. It always seems to be the thing I come back to so for 2013 we are back to books and cooking!
Well there you have it. Two fun new recipes. This week I am trying another new recipes so be looking for the second blog of the week.
Also I'm going to be reading a series of books about BRAVE girls. I saw this on pinterest also, and thought to myself. How nice, I want to promote brave girls instead of pretty princesses. So be looking for a few book reviews.
As much as I say I don't want to blog about cooking and books. It always seems to be the thing I come back to so for 2013 we are back to books and cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment