The late morning started with a chicken salad recipe. I always love the chicken salad you get at like Arby's or someplace like that, but have never really thought to make one myself. I have to say I loved the fresh taste of my new creation. Very delicious and fresh. It will be a wonderful lunch tomorrow when it has chilled completely.
| Yep, it's a blurry picture of chicken salad! |
Then after lunch time I moved on to Zucchini bread (I was a little nervous to attempt this one, because my sister's Zucchini bread is AMAZING!) I decided to experiment with the recipe a little. Creating a two plain bread loves, one with pecans, and one with chocolate chips. Only time will tell if any of them are very good. ;) I'm sure they won't be as good as my sister's breads, simply because I had to make these myself. Yes, I really did make four loves of Zucchini bread today! I'm thinking there will be more because I have some Zucchini in the freezer, and two more on my counter.
| This turned in to four loaves. |
While the bread was cooking, I took on my Granola bars. This is something that I have wanted to work on because I can pronounce all of the ingredients in my granola bars as opposed to some of the ones you buy at the grocery. Not to mention it's just kind of nice to have something homemade. This is a recipe that I have made before, but my granola bars were a little two crumbly. They would just fall apart when you unwrapped them. However, I think it might have worked this time. they went back in the Saran wrap a lot batter this time. I guess when we eat them I will no for sure!
I probably started cooking at around 11:00 this morning, and worked on it until well after 3:00 pm. I am just thrilled that I had time to get the kitchen all cleaned back up before my husband came home to see the mess. Yes, I'll admit it I am a messy cook! There is always flour spills and this and that. Of course it always wipes up. My dear friend Cathie says "That's why you have tile floors!" lol.
I have to say that after all my cooking/baking today I do feel a little more relaxed, and well a little sore and tired. But I feel accomplished! I'm sure a nice hot shower and some relaxation is in my near future when my husband gets home.
Unfortunately, I will probably have start working on school work tomorrow. At least I'm ready to go now.
If anyone is interested in the recipes I used this afternoon, please let me know and I will post them!
No comments:
Post a Comment