For the next week I will be blogging about the street fair. Why? Because I'm living in the middle of it. Street fair doesn't really start until TuesdAy. But here is what I already know.
All of my normal parking places are gone. I have moved my car almost two blocks from my house to park in a safe location. Due to this fact I will be walking two blocks every morning to get my car to go to work. Then I will drop my car off and walk two blocks home.
I also know that one of the streets was closed alredy this morning to set up the industrial tent. So traffic is already being re-routed. The stage has already been set up complete with bleacher seating. Also a number of food trailers and booths/campers have arrived.
Starting about eight this evening there has been a steady flow of traffic and work taking place on my street. It's already noisy and the fair has not started. The electric cords have been run, and I can hear out my window big trucks coming through. There is a constant bustle on a normally quiet street.
Over the course of the next day the town will be transformed into the free street fair, and I will learn a lesson in patiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment