Sunday, September 21, 2014

I'm Back

Wow, I was just looking at the stats of my blog and I have 1,403 page views.. yay! Okay now that we are past that I have to say that I am back. After being gone for so long I really have missed writing to you. It was always an enjoyment but when you get out of the habit it's hard to get back. Not to mention life gets CRAZY!

A little update on my family:

We moved this summer! We moved into a nice little neighborhood. Same town different place, better surrounds. Our house is amazing and I love it. We doubled our square footage and have spent all summer trying to adjust and get settled. But we have enjoyed it. Not to mention decorating for the seasons. I have always wanted to do that!
Henriette loves the new fall decorations.

My first attempt at decorating for fall with the exception of setting out a couple flowers!

We have welcomed a new edition to our home. Our newest member is an adorable black cat that I begged my husband to get! He is my buddy, and actually spends a lot of time sitting at my feet while I cook.

Our newest family member Snarf (who is so sweet)
School has started back up and I am teaching a completely different subject matter than I have for the last five years. So that keeps me extra busy. Lots of school work to bring home. We won't mention I doubled the class load to. One piece of school that is amazing is I am responsible for teaching some math remediation. It has proven to be one of the most fun times of my school day. I just hope that I am truly helping the kids!

Here are some goals for this year:

As you know I am always changing my blog around. But I am back to cooking! It is just too fun not to share. I am sewing now also (maybe I can get some pics up of some of my crafts). So my first goal is to blog more. I am hoping to be able to write to you at least once a week. So watch for me!

My second goal is to work out! I need to start getting more physical activity into my day. So I am going to start by going on at least a mile walk after I finish this blog.

My third goal is to cook more! (enough said)

I leave you with tonight's recipe! Found on Pinterest of course, that turned out amazing!

Buffalo Chicken Pasta (get full recipe and directions here thingsicantsay.com blog)

*see notes below
Ingredients:
1 pound penne pasta*
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t pepper
1 1/2 t garlic powder
1 1/2 t paprika
1 pound chicken, diced
1 T oil (i use EVOO)
2 T Frank's hot sauce*
1 c Mayo*
1/2 c Ranch
3/4 Cup Milk
1 c shredded mozzarella

If the ingredients and my picture below look good to you click on the link above to get the full recipe and directions. If you try it let me know what you think!

NOTES:
* I used macaroni shells and wheels. It is what I had on hand. You could use just about anything I think.
*I used wing sauce because it is what I had in the fridge. Couldn't tell the difference. (It was Franks) I also added an extra Tablespoon to the Ranch Mayo mixture to give it a  little extra kick.





No comments:

Post a Comment